HIGHLAND PARK - NORTH FIGUEROA STREET

North Figueroa and Avenue 56 (circa 1925)

The North Figueroa corridor is the first commercial center of Highland Park, and continues to be a bustling area for commerce in the neighborhood. Even with much wear and tear, many of the historical commercial architecture from the early 1900s have endured the test of time and still stand on this street today.

As demand for new restaurants, retail shops, and galleries continues to grow in this area, new investments are beginning to rehab many of these worn down buildings and reviving them into thriving commercial spaces.

The Greyhound Bar & Grill, Kitchen Mouse, La Monarca Bakery and many others have all  recently opened for business on this street and have quickly gained city-wide popularity. All-the-while, long existing tenants like Follieros Pizza, Antigua Bread, the Highland Theatre , and others continue to thrive as well in the midst of the changes on the street.

Aside from the eateries on this corridor, many others are starting to take advantage of this area in transition. Gil Cedillo, the council member representing District 1 that covers Highland Park, has introduced a motion to revitalize a vacant two-story Renaissance Revival building into a new government resource center on the corner of Figueroa and Avenue 56.

In addition, North Figueroa St. has the added delight of the Highland Park Gold Line Station just a 2 minute walk from the Subject Property.   This is an amenity that York Blvd. does not have the luxury of having so close.

North Figueroa Street and Avenue 56 (2015)